Saturday 23 February 2013

Soft and Full of Sparkle

It's just one of those days! I changed my polish three times today and just wasn't happy with anything I put on! So when I got home from running some errands, I decided on a very soft colour with a glitter gradient after seeing so many beautiful ones on Instagram.

I used 2 coats of Kiko 209 as a base colour and then painted some New York Summer Vegas Silver which is silver micro glitter and holo bar glitter, onto half the nails. I wanted some larger pieces of glitter in there too so I added a few strokes of Essence Blair. I really like how soft and sparkly it looks. I may do quite a few glitter gradients like this in the near future.


Pin It

20 comments:

  1. This is very beautiful, I like your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really dainty and pretty! I love that you've used 2 different kinds of glitter to build up the gradient, good idea! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I thought that would be best because just the chunky glitter wouldn't give me the amount of sparkle I wanted to achieve :)

      Delete
  3. Awww love this manicure! I wish I had long nails like yours to make this kind of manicure look good on me too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elsa! I bet a glitter gradient would look amazing on your short nails. Everything looks amazing on your nubs....seriously! <3

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooow, the sparkles are gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks fantastic! How is this Kiko's aplication? The nude effect is gorgeous on you ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) This Kiko applied very smoothly. It's also very sheer because it's part of their French manicure collection but the milky pinkish base is so beautiful.

      Delete
  7. Really beautiful. I am feeling the Oscars with this mani! I could see any of the stars wearing this look walking the Red Carpet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I think something like this would look lovely with what Amanda Seyfried or Jennifer Lawrence were wearing :)

      Delete
  8. Wow! Really pretty - the tips look so sparkly but yet not too 'in your face'. Will have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...