Sunday 9 September 2012

Nautical Love

I've finally managed to cross the "Nautical" themed mani off my to do list! The Beauty Department's Nautical mani is very popular all over Pinterest, Tumblr and Instagram so I've always wanted to recreate the look, and it was very fitting for the weekend I had :)

I didn't use the same method as they did on The Beauty Department, instead I used striping tape to create the thin lines! The whole thing wasn't at all difficult to do but as you know striping tape can get quite fiddly and annoying!

The white base is OPI Alpine Snow and the navy blue is CND Midnight Sapphire (I will be wearing this polish quite a lot this winter). I even used a prop for the picture!



Pin It

16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful navy blue! I love those little hearts!! They make that mani even more special :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! :D That's a very cool recreation, and besides, I would also use striping tape! More convenient and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. I love the deep blue polish you used. I bought the "The Look" kit from CND last winter, but dropped my bottle of Midnight Sapphire on the kitchen floor. Boo :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's fantastic, so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty nautical mani! the heart accents are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a really cute manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this nautical look. You are really good with striping tape. Love the heart accents xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful!! I've had an idea for a nautical mani in my head for ages but I've been waiting for what seems like forever to get my package in the mail with the striping tape I ordered! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore nautical manis and I love your version with the thinner lines =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely! I especially love the cute little hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love nautical themed stuff & I especially like the thinner stripes that you chose to use. I linked to you on my blog bc I just had to show off your creativity :)
    (www.beneficialblog.com)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...