Friday 3 August 2012

Two Long Lost Manis

I was clearing out my external drive yesterday and came across a whole bunch of manis which for some reason I never posted. I was wondering where some of those had gotten to?! There were seriously at least ten different manis in there so here are a couple.

First up is a bright and fun mani I did using Essence Wake Up! and sponged NYX Carnival onto the top half of the nail. My nails were so ridiculously long here that I remember a few people asking me if they were fake.

I really love this glitter. It's a dupe for Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday, Milani Gems, Wet N' Wild Party of Five Glitters, OPI Rainbow Connection, NOPI Rainbow in The S-Kylie and all those other hex multi-coloured glitters, so we have quite a few options there. It only cost $2.25 from Beauty Joint.



Secondly is a glitter v-gap mani I did using Impala Lover sent to me by Bia! This is such a gorgeous foil type pink packed with gold and silver shimmer. This is just one coat so I thought it covered quite well. I used loose pieces of holographic hex glitter to fill the nude v-gaps.



Pin It

11 comments:

  1. the two are pretty but the second iss wahhhou<3 such a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the v-gap mani - that pink is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwwwwww I'm so happy to see Lover here! *-*
    And the idea you had for it was just perfect!
    How did you like that formula? I used 2 coats when I showed it on my blog, but it does look good with only one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula was really good Bia! It was quite opaque and smooth, went on very well! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  4. wow your nails were soo long, both mani's are gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like pink, but the pink mani is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're both gorgeous!
    Loved the sreaming orange with the colorful glitter... and this pink... owwwwwww.... had to be Impala... only one coat is enough and the result is gorgeous!
    Please, share more of your stuck-in-the-external-drive manis... poor mortals like me get inspired by talents like you.
    One day I'll get there!
    Just two questions: when you said you sponged the circus on the top of the orange, did you really use a sponge or is it just a way of saiyng it? Would it also work with the brush?
    Thann you and have a great weekend!
    Kiss,
    Giovanna
    http://esmaltolatrasdecarteirinha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you to say! Thank you so much! I have a few more unposted manis in my external drive and will be posting those when I don't have time to do my nails.
      I did use an actual sponge and literally sponged on the glitter although you can just use the brush to place the glitter where you want it. Works either way! :)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! I especially love the first one, Carnival looks great with orange!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...